Monday, February 20, 2012

Thrown Away - Part 2

There is a house of safety in our town for moms with children escaping from abusive homes. Often they have no time to pack or plan, but leave in haste as they fear for their lives and for the lives of their children. Soon after receiving the gift of brand new books that I mentioned in, “Thrown Away – Part 1,” I heard of a mom with a young daughter and baby in such a plight.


While I was putting together a gift bag of essentials for this family, I thought about this mother’s daughter and how she had escaped an abusive father and then I thought of the book, Throwaway Bear by Sandy Nightingale. I decided if anyone could relate to the story of an unwanted and mistreated teddy bear, then she could. I packed the new book into the bag along with the other items and prayed that this book would help the girl through the process of emotional healing.

God has blessed you and me so that we can be a blessing to others.

© 2011 Amanda's Books and More, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena