Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Old and New Disney Books of Fairy Tales

Disney Nursery Rhymes & Fairy Tales
and Walt Disney’s Giant Book of Fairy Tales

When I was young, books were not a big part of my life, perhaps because I first learned to read in German. I only learned to read in my first language of English when I was in 4th grade, but only very poorly. In 5th grade the spelling of English words began to make sense. By the time I was in 6th grade, I loved reading.

Walt Disney’s Giant Book of Fairy Tales
My kids have grown up with books. They all love to read. I consider myself very fortunate that they do. Amanda isn’t old enough to read, but she has a small library of children’s books passed on from me and her siblings. Often, when I pick Amanda up from school (she’s in a playgroup), she will be sitting in the book section looking at a book. It’s really cute.

Walt Disney’s Giant Book of Fairy Tales
I thought it would be fun to share about an old book, Walt Disney’s Giant Book of Fairy Tales, from my childhood and a new book, Disney Nursery Rhymes & Fairy Tales, from Amanda’s 4th birthday. My book is roughly 31 years old. Amanda got her book this year.

There are 188 pages with 39 stories in my book beginning with Pinocchio and ending with Snow-White and Rose-Red. These stories are very entertaining and intriguing for children who are old enough to read. I’ve enjoyed them and my two older daughters have too. It’s the larger book of the two with more advanced stories, which makes it more suitable for older children.

Disney Nursery Rhymes & Fairy Tales
Amanda’s book has 303 pages with 14 stories and many nursery rhymes. It’s a big book, but not too big for my 4-year-old. She is able to carry it around and turn its pages without needing help. The Table of Contents is brilliant, because it includes thumbnail pictures next to the titles to help little ones identify which story they would like to have read to them. Amanda uses this system regularly when choosing a story. The stories are short enough and easy to follow. She also loves nursery rhymes, so that has been a great addition to this book. The Disney Nursery Rhymes & Fairy Tales is a wonderful gift for young children and it even comes with 200 stickers inside.

I'm linking with the Kid Lit Blog Hop on Mother Daughter Book Reviews.


© 2011 Amanda's Books and More, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena