Friday, April 5, 2013

Make My Saturday Sweet - Blog Hop #31

Last weekend my eldest daughter, Jessica, was at a prayer conference. The last day of the conference, I was driving her home and telling her to throw out anything that would give her a guilt trip. I said, "If the speaker told you that you need to pray at 4 am to show your dedication, don't do it." Guess what she said? "Mom, he said that he gets up at 4 am to pray and then asked if any of us would be willing to do something like that." I laughed, because I had guessed right.

I once read a book on the "perfect" prayer method. However, I've come to learn that there is no perfect method. I told Jessica that she should pray only as she feels led to pray and to pray anytime, anywhere. Sometimes, the Lord has woken me in the night and given me a burden to pray for someone. I told my daughter that too. It's just that no one needs a guilt trip in their faith walk. Religion of any kind is a burden. Jesus came to bring a relationship and each relationship is unique. The quote below is my own.


We were having trouble with the bigger kids following through on things that we feel are important to running a happy home, so I drew up this family action plan about a week ago. (You can click on the image below to make it bigger.) Some points on this list look similar, but I had my reasons and I explained them to the kids. My eldest daughter added one point to the list, "Respect personal boundaries." The other two didn't have anything to add. Our youngest child, Amanda, is only expected to pick up her toys, to put her story books away, and to join us every morning for family prayer time. We still help her with picking up.

This list is now on our refrigerator. There are consequences if the three bigger kids don't at least try to follow it. We don't ask for perfection. We just don't want to have to remind them every day about things that they already know. Do you have something like this for your family? Does it help?


Now on to the blog hop...


Amanda’s Books and More

It's time for another Make My Saturday Sweet (M.M.S.S.) blog hop!
Join me (your host) for this fun and easy hop.
All family friendly blogs are welcome!


If you host your own blog hop(s), then feel free to link them on my Blog Hops page!


If you would like to be a guest co-host
on my Wednesday hop or on my
Saturday hop, then contact me at:
morleychristina[at]gmail[dot]com


I would love for you to follow me on Google Friend Connect
and also on

Follow on Bloglovin

Leave me a comment with your link and I will follow back!

Here are the easy rules:

  • Follow Tina (your host) @ Amanda's Books and More.
  • Link up your family friendly blog.
  • Please try to add my hop button on your most recent post or on your side-bar.
  • Share about this hop on Twitter, Google+ or Facebook.
  • Visit at least the last two blogs before your link and leave a comment.
  • Follow any new blogs that you like.

Blog Button Code:

Amanda’s Books and More

This is a blog hop!


© 2011 Amanda's Books and More, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena